Every community in America is filled with men who have great potential to lead, but find themselves wondering, “What’s next?” You may be one of those men who has the potential to lead your family, your F3 Region, and your community. Still you wonder, “What’s next?”
Early in the growth of F3 Nation, Dredd and OBT developed GrowSchool as a way to teach the men of F3 Nation the principles and skills that helped them inspire a movement that spread across the gloom of America to invigorate male community leadership. Still, they knew something was missing.
They realized how important CSAUP events are to the growth of F3 as an organization, the Regions that men flock to, and even the individual leaders who participate in these Completely Stupid And Utterly Pointless events. They realized that participating in a GORUCK Tough with the opportunity to immediately apply the skills learned from the F3 GrowSchool solidifies the principles that allow High Impact Men to harden the principles learned in themselves, like iron on a forge.
GrowRuck is a weekend-long event that combines F3 GrowSchool with a GORUCK Tough. By adding a CSAUP event (which brings a huge dose of 1st and 2nd F) to the GrowSchool experience, F3 Nation aims to catalyze and accelerate a location’s growth and the bonds of brotherhood that form when several regions join together and accomplish a mission.
Because the class size for a GrowRuck event is around 65-70 participants, GrowRucks are ideally suited to F3 locations where they can draw from multiple AOs within driving distance. Part of the draw for participating in GrowRuck are the connections and 2nd F that forms between regions. That being said, not everyone in an AO or region needs to participate in the Tough to get something out of GrowRuck, as many of the weekend’s events are open to all PAX.
GrowRuck is ideally suited for AOs (or a collection of locations) that have been around for a year or longer. GrowRuck is also designed to solidify the current and future leaders in F3 so connections are built between regions and within the leadership team of individual regions. A good indicator that a location is ready for a GrowRuck is when PAX find themselves standing around asking, “What’s next?”
Sign up for GrowRuck on the Registration tab and make the commitment to discover the answer to the question, “What’s Next?” As Iron Sharpen Iron, so one man sharpens another.
While GrowRuck can be customized to fit the needs of each region, the basic format is:
- Friday night 2ndF Event
- Saturday AM workout + GrowSchool
- Saturday PM GORUCK Tough (12-14 hours)
- Sunday AM breakfast
GrowRuck on the F3 Roundtable
ABOVE: Gus & Bono describe GrowRuck 12 in Memphis and the impact it had on the men who participated. Learn about F3 Nation podcasts.
Considering an event or want to learn even more? Here are more helpful links:
- History of GrowRuck Events
- Reviews from the PAX
- Example PreBlast: GrowRuck 12 Memphis, which contains useful links to GORUCK, other training sites as well as packing list, etc.
- Spreading the GrowRuck Roots – The story behind the logo
- Gear: GrowRuck Gear > Possible options for Rucks and the Standard GORUCK Tough Packing list
- Gear: GORUCK Packing List by Ruck.Beer > Has great suggestions for Light, Tough, and Heavy
- Training: Consider Pathfinder training or the Heavy Drop training as well as the GORUCK Monthly Rucking Challenge.
- Contacting Us: If you think a GrowRuck would be a good fit for your F3 location, or if you and your F3 friends have been discussing doing a custom Tough Challenge, we would love to hear from you. For more information about GrowRuck, contact Bono (email@example.com or @F3GrowRuck on Twitter).