GrowRuck 12 is coming to Memphis on September 21st-23rd.
The cost to participate in the GrowRuck Tough Challenge is $150. This includes GrowSchool, GORUCK registration, a T-Shirt, and sweet patches. Please HC (hard-commit) by registering and making a deposit via the Iron Project website for $75 to http://bit.ly/2KfHNKO. You will use this link for your remaining balance, as well.The balance of $75 will be due August 1, 2018.
Your Event Q for the weekend is Bruce Wayne from F3 Memphis. He’ll be responsible for organizing the weekend and making sure all you knuckleheads are ready to roll. If you have questions, you can reach him at [email protected] or on twitter at @F3BruceWayneâ€ or by phone atÂ (931) 247-8915.
We’re still ironing out details, but the schedule should look something like this:
Friday, Â September 21st
7:00pm 2ndF Event
- Carolina Watershed, 141 E Carolina Avenue, Memphis, TN 38126
- Reserved space for 7PM – 10PM (we will be outside on their Levee patio unless it rains)
- PAX will be on their on tabs (20% gratuity will already be added to each tab)
- PAX can park at the location, along the street, or in any of adjacent businesses (they have permission to park at those businesses after 5PM)
Saturday, September 22nd
7:00am — Convergence: Led by Dredd & Slaughter
8:30 — Coffeeteria / Breakfast (Chick-Fil-a biscuits & coffee)
9:00 — 11:00 — GrowShool led by Dredd & Slaughter
- Will be held at Evangelical Christian School (ECS), 7600 Macon Road, Cordova, TN 38018
- PAX can park here:Â Â https://goo.gl/maps/fGgo9uigMj52
- GrowSchool will be held in gymnasium right beside there
6:00pm — GORUCK Tough Challenge launches
- Start/End location:Â Tom Lee Park: (https://goo.gl/maps/xrsZFJd2ApT2)
- PAX can park at our new Downtown AO for free: The Ruins (https://goo.gl/maps/QPUHVLHfBat)
- may get towed if you park at Tom Lee Park (https://goo.gl/maps/cPChYG5Sb7U2) (park closed at dusk, open at dawn)
- PAX can also find a nearby parking garage and pay to park
Sunday, September 23rd
Sometime in the AM, GORUCK Tough Challenge concludes
- Worship – Will be led by our own Four Eyes at Tom Lee shortly following patching. Any and all PAX are welcome.
The F3 Nation GrowRuck
What, you ask, is GrowRuck?
It’s simple: GrowSchool + GORUCK Tough challenge. In one weekend, you’ll get, 1stF + CSAUP + 2ndF + F3 Leadership Development & Training.
We rolled out GrowSchool in November 2016 Â as an offering for F3’s “Nomads” – workout locations that are on their way to becoming Regions and can use a little support and encouragement along the way.
After teaching through a couple of GrowSchools, we started to realize how important CSAUP events are to building 2ndF and the overall momentum toward a region. And no CSAUP event that we’ve ever seen has the same catalytic effect on 2ndF and F3 growth as F3 guys getting together to do a GORUCK Tough challenge.
So, we thought, why not combine the two?
GrowRuck will be led by GORUCK Cadre Daniel and will be in all ways an official GORUCK Tough challenge, but Daniel will tailor activities and the teaching to reinforce the GrowSchool curriculum and lessons. Dredd and Slaughter will participate in the challenge alongside the rest of the pax.
Over the last year we’ve had almost 300 men complete the GrowRuck in Jacksonville, Eastern North Carolina, New Orleans, Seattle, Chattanooga, and Toledo.
A GrowRuck T-Shirt will be included with your registration. F3Memphis has the killer GritGrindGrow patch as an added addition to your loot collections. It will be for sale at $4 during the event by your host pax.
The most frequent question asked when an F3 group begins to look into doing the Challenge is “do I need to buy a $300 backpack”. The short answer is no. A GORUCK ruck is not required, but GORUCK Rucks last — FYI: the Rucker model ($215) goes on sale from time-to-time & F3 has a 25% discount that currently works for the Rucker. The 511 Rush 12 is a $99 version that some guys use. The 511 Rush 24 is slightly larger and slightly more expensive. Also, many guys pick up second-hand rucks at Army surplus stores, eBay, or Craigslist.
Another option is to Tweet with the hashtag #LendARuck and tag the @F3GrowRuck account in your tweet asking for a ruck, and someone from the F3Nation will answer the call (kinda like the Bat Signal) and ship you his ruck to use. In return, you’ll wash it and send it back to him with a sweet F3 Lend-A-Ruck patch.
Besides a ruck, you’ll need some bricks for weigh, a headlamp, reflective PT belt, and a hydration bladder.
The F3Memphis crew organized an affordable option for lodging during GrowRuck 12. This place is clean, efficient, and ideal since we will not be sleeping there Saturday night.
- Lodging: $15/night/person at Serve901 St. George Bunkhouse (https://www.serve901.org/bunkhouse/)
- Bunkhouse/parking located here:Â https://goo.gl/maps/hGBww1E4xqR2
- PAX can register via this link:Â Â https://choose901.typeform.com/to/krp6Cd
- PAX have the choice of Friday/Saturday nights for $30 or Friday/Saturday/Sunday for $45.
- Bring sheets, towels, and a pillow.
PayPal your $75 deposit to http://bit.ly/2KfHNKO
Join this Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/450237588770322/
Find a ruck, put some bricks in it, and ruck on.
Our Event Facebook Page: Most comz will take place here https://www.facebook.com/groups/450237588770322/ Feel free to join the page when you register. You can post updates as you train, ask questions, and most importantly “challenge” other regions here. Be sure to keep up with things here as our Cadre will post updates here that you will need to pay attention to.
The GORUCK Challenge – The link to GORUCK’s Tough page. Just look at things and get inspired.
All Day Ruckoff – by GrowRuck 04 Alumni, Brian Lohr contains many helpful links on training, equipment, and the podcast is informative. Consider following him on Twitter as well.
Pathfinder Ruck Training was started by F3 guys and is a solid training program for any GoRuck event.
F3 Nation Rucking on Facebook (closed group) and Â @F3NationRuck on Twitter are two key sources of information. Winnebago is the Q of that part of the Nation’s Ruck events.
You can always email [email protected] and Bono will either answer your questions or get you to the right person. Be sure to follow @F3GrowRuck on Twitter.