Men of GrowRuck 09!
We’re still more than two months from the event, but things are coming together quickly, so I want to share some preblast details with you.
Registration and Deposits
We currently have 105 men signed up for the event via a deposit. We have gone ahead and booked three classes with GORUCK for a capped total of … wait for it … 105 men.
Congratulations! This will be our first three-class GrowRuck, you crazy Midwesterners!
A few things to note:
- If you didn’t sign up before we hit the cap, we will continue to accept $50 deposits payable at this PayPal link to go on the waiting list. To be on the waiting list, you MUST send us a deposit.Â Experience with eight of these events to date indicates that we will have a 10% to 15% attrition rate between now and the event, so odds are very good of getting in off the wait list if you are among the first guys on it. If you do not get in off the waiting list, we will refund your deposit in full.
- In the unlikely event that we get over 25 people on the waiting list, we will consider adding a fourth class.
- Your final payment of $100 is due by Sunday, March 11th. Thanks to all of you who have already made this or who paid in full up front! Again, that gets sent via PayPal Friends & Family. If you don’t pay in full by Sunday, March 11th, you will be at risk of us giving your place to someone on the waiting list.
Registering with GORUCK and Signing the GORUCK Waiver
Colonel and Froman have the link to our event on the GORUCK website and are responsible for communicating it to everyone who is registered. This is so you can go in and give GORUCK your information, your emergency contact info and sign their notorious “death waiver.” You will not be charged for the event in doing this, it’s just so that they have everything they need for their records. As anyone who is a GRT knows, this is a crucial piece of pre-event planning; the list that the cadre has at the STARTEX need to match up with the 105 pax who will be standing in front of them.
Note: When you go to register, after you sign the waiver, you MUST add the event to your cart and go through checkout (you will not be charged for the event, just for any gear you might be buying) to be registered. If you do not get a confirmation email from GORUCK, you are not registered.
While you’re on the site, you might as well pick up some badass GORUCK gear, right? Well if you do, be sure to enter our promo code, GORUCKF3, at checkout for a significant discount.
Where To Stay in Toledo?
Make your reservations now at the place of your choosing.Â All of Saturday’s morning activities will take place at Camp Miakonda.Â Â If you wish to stay at Camp Miakonda, click for reservation information.Â Rustic, but heated cabins (bunk style with restrooms and showers a short walk) are available from $111/night (sleeps 12) to $253/night (sleeps 32).Â Bedding is not provided, so plan to bring a sleeping bag.
Nearby hotels include:
Wyndham Wingate (this is the closest hotel to Camp Miakonda)
Marriott Renaissance (this hotel is close to the venue for Friday night’s 2nd F event)
- Friday night 2ndÂ F in Downtown Toledo at The Blarney Irish PubÂ from 6:00 PM — 9:00 PM ($25 per person).
- Friday night, continued 2ndÂ F @ Camp Miakonda fire ringÂ from 9:00 PM — 11:00 PM, weather permitting.
- Saturday morning beatdown by Dredd & OBT 7:00 AM — 8:00 AM @ Camp Miakonda Parade Field.
- Saturday morning breakfast, provided by F3/Toledo, 8:15 AM — 9:00 AM @ Camp Miakonda’s Ford Center.
- Saturday morning GrowSchool 9:00 AM — 11:00 AM @ Camp Miakonda Council Lodge.
- Saturday 11:00 AM — 6:00 PM R&R
- Saturday 6:00 PM — Sunday ???Â GORUCK TOUGH event.Â Location TBD.
We’re looking forward to being with all of you in Toledo in April!
On behalf of the GrowRuck 09 organizing committee leadership (Gekko, Froman, Klinger, Clamdigger)