Topic: Super Spartan, Leesburg, VA: August 25th
June 10, 2012 at 12:25 am #7995
Word is out that a few folks from Charlotte and perhaps more from Raleigh plan on running in the Super Spartan on August 25th. I’ve had a few questions come my way and wanted to share what I know, and I’ll add to this forum post as I learn more as I don’t think this will be a highlighted event for F3 given the many other things on tap for the summer.
1. Tango Delta and Hawaii 5-0 have graciously agreed to leverage their relationship with the Spartan Race guys to get us grouped into the same team and into an earlier heat, and hopefully some kind of discount.
2. For now, you can sign up here. Sign up for any heat time, and just join the existing “F3″ team. We’ll worry about getting into a heat together later.
3. Once registered, send an email to TD, 5-0, an/or Belk so that the list can be aggregated for requests.
4. Get your mind wrapped around the fact that “8+ miles” is definitely NOT 8 miles. It’s a lie to lull you into a false sense of security.
BelkJune 10, 2012 at 11:19 am #8005
Going to make sure there are no work commitments that weekend, but I look good to join you guys on this one. Thank you for bringing to my attention.July 7, 2012 at 12:26 pm #9437
It looks like we are good to go for Saturday, thanks to TD and 5-0 coordination with the guys at spartan. We can post to any heat we want, except for the competitive heat. If early July is any guide, it will be hot as hell on August 25th, so we will roll at 9:30. Right now, I think our count is around 12-15, including some DC-area folks who are included on our list.
I haven’t made travel plans yet, but have family in the area and I’ll probably be staying with them. Let’s plan on arriving at the starting line area at about 9:00-9:15 on the 25th, which should be about the time that the competitive heat launches. Based on our Spartan Sprint experience in Charlotte, I’d recommend arriving at least an hour before that to get inked up, attach your bib, drop off your gear, and get to the start.
Wear your black and prepare to strike fear in the hearts of the pink sock wearers.
BelkJuly 8, 2012 at 2:05 pm #9474
Hey Belk! Looking forward to joining you guys for the Super! My son and I had already registered back in April before any F3 teams were formed. I sent email to the Spartan folks a few weeks ago asking them to move us onto the F3 team but have not gotten a reply yet. Any chance you, TD, or 5-0 can check the team list to see if we are there yet? We registered as Thomas Neal and Joshua Neal. Thanks!July 8, 2012 at 8:38 pm #9477
Send me the email addresses you signed up with and I’ll see if I can verify. You might be able to check your registration online somewhere to check your team name.July 10, 2012 at 8:34 pm #9617
Floppy DiskModeratorJuly 29, 2012 at 2:31 pm #10415
F3 brothers, I humbly concede I’m attempting to attend this event for little to no charge. I’m currently signed up to volunteer at the event on Sat, which will allow me to race in the volunteer heat the same day. Don’t know when that typically is. Two questions:
1) What was discounted F3 price?
2) Is there anybody out there who would consider giving me a lift up there as a free-loader? I can bring some snacks, and my typical humor to entertain. Drop me a line if this is possible. email@example.comAugust 3, 2012 at 2:18 pm #10678
We are approaching go time, gentlemen. I’ve been dialing up my runs (hitting the RingRun and Sweet Six regularly) and plan to get in at least one RitchieRun before the race.
SoCal — I think I used a groupon or the discount from the sprint — sorry I don’t have more info. I’d give you a lift but I’m flying up for another trip.
We’ll have several folks from DC there that I’m hoping we can headlock into getting going with a F3/DC chapter, so drink the kool-aid and wear your F3 Gear. Bring extra stickers and koozies.
belkAugust 22, 2012 at 5:38 pm #11621
Preblast posted, gentlemen: http://f3nation.com/2012/08/22/super-spartan-leesburg-saturday-we-dine-in-hell/
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.