13 hard-chargers gathered in the noon-time teleconferencesphere to run a fuel’s errand. We talked about… FUEL, aka The Queen, and she is indeed an oppressive tyrant reigning over us. It was a great and worthy meeting of the minds. YHC took few (ie none) notes, but I know we discussed a lot of important things as we considered how we can fuel properly, and how we might help those around us do the same. Here are some of the discussion items (please chime in below with your notes/ideas that we discussed):
- We know what we need to do, but it’s hard to execute in modern USA. We are surrounded by bad fuel tempting us at every turn.
- Prepare. Plan. Execute. Repeat.
- Hydrate. Hydrate. Hydrate.
- What is the nutrition to calorie ratio of your fuel?
- How often should one weigh in?
- Don’t try too much at once. Baby steps!
- You can re-train your taste buds.
- How to handle business meals, lunches, travel?
- How can we best help each other?
etc, etc, etc
It was a good discussion. YHC presented the metaphor about how I cared for the high value items on the ship (ie the turbines and main reduction gear). It was planned and executed very carefully, day after day, year after year. The fuel was essential to their proper operation. Should I take less effort to care for the turbine the Sky Q provided for me and my family?
Keep the discussion and support going on the Twitter machine with F3FuelBlog, on slack, and in all your local channels. Social media support is ok… in-person support is essential. Thanks for joining the discussion.