Isotope 1 Year Anniversary
78 men gathered under the North Country shovel flags for what has become a Saturday morning ritual at Bailey Road Park. But somehow, it’s not old. Sound off in the comments if i missed a name or misspelled a name.
Run 1 lap around the soccer field.
SSH x30, Mountain Climber x25, squats x20, knee-ups x15, merkins x10
Run to track and football field, split into 3 groups. Each of the following took 13 minutes and was completed 3 times by your Qs.
Moses Q: rings of fire with straight away run/sprint and backwards runs through the turns. On the corners, slow lunge rolls 20, flutter kicks x20, repeat. W’s, and jump twist squats, repeat.
Outlaw Q: plank clocks, 5 Cadence Merkins, Ronald Reagan’s and Jimmy Carter’s, stair Carolina Dry Dock ladder to 10, People’s chair R/L/both, Wall Spidermans x 10 cadence
Alabama Q: Bosais x 20; Merkin ladder 10 to 1, 1 to 10; Al Gore – 1.5 minutes; Grab 2 rocks – curls x 20, shoulder press x 20 (first group didn’t do this; didn’t have time)
Callahan Q: Run to Off Broadway for Mary
- Little baby crunch times 25
- J Lo times 20
- Axel Rosalita times 20
- The V up times 15 (each side)
- Homer to Marge to times five
Very long name-o-rama and then Ball-of-Man for closing prayer by PDiddy (F3/Davidson)
1) tclaps to MPerrier for photographing our 1 year anniversary workout. You can find her great work at:
- photo gallery.
- Enter your name and email address for her records.
- Enter the gallery password (pain).
Fellas, You gotta love the way Jeannie thinks. That was her password, with no influence from YHC. And that’s after only one workout! MPerrier, please use the knowledge you have gained from this scouting mission well. You are the only M to have visited an Isotope workout. That’s a heavy responsibility.
2) it was great to see so many new faces and all the Kotters (5?). Plug into the F3 formula, men, and stay connected. F3, good for you, good for me.
3) Primo was spotted near the coffeeteria. He would have joined us, but it turns out he lost his manliness and spent the whole morning looking for it. Dude, you should have told me! We keep spare jars of manliness at all F3 workouts. It’s never far from the SF.
4) The best 3 point stance all morning was brought by Snapper. Go figure.
5) Wheels were displayed on the track by many…too many to name.
6) Pager…that was a rocket blast heard around the park. Great manners, though. “Excuse me”
7) Harbaughs to 9-Lives for the offer to pitch in and count for Moses, who was losing his voice on the 3rd time through the Rings of Fire.
8) Shoe found some fire ants during the merkin ladder and had the bite to prove it.
9) Most thought we were done with the ladder when we got to 1…there were some disappointed faces when we started back up. Also, some discussion ensued on the true definition of a ladder.
10) Gump entertained with his comedic routine. Gonorrhea is always good for a laugh.
11) Quite a discussion between Perrier and Mini Me on how many merkins were in the ladder. Final count: 109.
12) Proud to say that everyone powered through and finished the merkin ladder!
13) Simba – your fur is supposed to protect you from bee stings. Next time, stay away from pipes, brother.
On behalf of your Qs, I’d like to thank all of you for posting. As much as you get from participating, the Qs get even more from leading. Putting yourselves out there to be led (risky) in the 3Fs is a blessing to the Qs who put themselves out there to lead (riskier). “You inpire me, coach…3 weeks”