PAINinsula – In search of the local bar
19 faithful endured the swelt to manufacture some sweat in the gloom.
Jog to Dr Parking Lot for warm-up (not sure why we needed it as it was already warm enough, but I digress):
- SSH x 30
- Staggered Merk (R) x 15
- Squats x 30
- Staggered Merk (L) x 15
- LBC w/ Twist x 30
Jog to the Local Bar – elusive and hard to find, but finally located the local watering…er…pain station:
- Wide Hand Pull Up x 15
- Reverse Merk x 15
- Close Hand Pull Up x 15
- Dips x 15
- Incline Merk x 15
Indian Run to Pie in the Sky – not much of a crowd pleaser this morning
Partner Up for Some Relays - The Olympics do officially kick off today:
- Rd 1: Partner 1 – Sprint Down & Back; Partner 2 – 10 Merk & Plank –> FLIP!
- Rd 2: Partner 1 – Sprint Down & Back; Partner 2 – 10 Carolina DD & Plank –> FLIP!
- Rd 3: Partner 1 – Sprint Down & Back; Partner 2 – 10 Diamond Merk & Plank –> FLIP!
- Rd 4: Partner 1 – Sprint Down & Back; Partner 2 - 5 Burpees & Plank –> FLIP!
- Repeato after a little break for some 1 legged calf raises x 15 each leg
Mosey to Jetton Hill for Some Ladder Work:
- High Knees Up the Hill / 5 Jump Ups / Run Down …Repeato with reduced Jump Ups 4…3…2…1 (but much to the chagrin of the Pax, we climbed back up the ladder with Jump Ups 2…3…4…5)
- A little Plank to impress the lady (Jorel’s idea)
Return to H/T Lot:
- Knee-Up x 20
- Low Flutter x 20
- Homer to Marge x 5
- Did anybody see Soprano at the local bar pounding out those pull ups? While the rest of us kept our feet on the ground, he was whole body levitating. Strong. Literally.
- No Mosey for Moses. Not only did our fearless leader run the 3.5 miles to the workout venue, he still had enough gas in the tank to make a little roadkill out of poor Possum on the Relays. Good to see our buddy Possum back in the Pax, though.
- And speaking of roadkill – the delivery truck finally learned its lesson this morning and the Pax won the game of chicken (although I am not sure any of us could move). Only to later have a rouge missile fired at us during Ball of Man. That guy was driving like…Outlaw trying to get to a PAINinsula workout!
- A lot of vitriol from Outlaw this morning directed toward the Burpee. Don’t remember the source or original quote that got him going, but certainly remember the response. Perhaps a little anger management counselling in his future? Its only an exercise.
- Almost had a mutiny this morning during the Indian Run…really, was it that bad?
- In addition to the extra work put in by Moses this morning, Omaha continued the trend of a double up by biking to the workout and it was rumored Gnarly Goat was headed to F3/Chlorine for beatdown #2 of the day. I clearly am not making the workouts difficult enough for you animals, so I will bear that in mind for my next lead.