“Give us this day our Bailey dread” Gnarly Goat
The Isotope and Grace Covenant faithful gathered for a mini-convergence at the end of a holiday week under no flags. The Isotope SF and the yet-to-be-planted GCC flag kept each other company, under lock and key. The GCC flag was presented at Roxy’s to one of the founding fathers of GCC, Friday. Carry it proudly, men of GCC.
Thang (x denotes in-cadence):
Jog to King’s Court field for warm-o-rama.
Windmills (aka cotton pickers) x25
Mountain Climbers x25
Man Makers x15
Jog to base of K2 for a pull-up ladder. Run to the top of the hill and do 10 pull ups at Wolfpack playground. Return to bottom of hill and plank until all pax arrive. Repeat and do 8 pull-ups. Repeat and do 6 pull-ups. Repeat and do 4 pull-ups.
Jog back to King’s Court field for plank-o-rama:
Merk o’clock – Spidey push-ups (or regular side-to-side) to 1 o’clock position. Repeat to 11 more times until returned to 12 o’clock position.
Elbow plank for 30 secs. Rest for 10. Repeat for 30 secs.
Mary: V-ups x14 each side; knee-ups x14; hip thrust x14 (get your minds out of the gutter); heels to heaven x14
Split into 2 groups for Indian Run – back to parking lot, around cul-de-sac by Wolfpack playground and return to field by King’s Court for…MORE MARY! It was time to run it back.
Mary: Leg throw downs to 20; flap jack. J-Lo x14; Bicycle x13; Reverse Bicycle x15. Boat – 3 holds for ~20 secs each.
Push-o-rama: Spartan push-ups x8; Hindu x8; Teeter-Totter (V-partner assist declines) 10 – Flap Jack.
Run to Hobbiton for cool down in the shade: SSH x25
Run to Broadway for COT.
Instead of the soft comfort of the coffeeteria, the following headed for a doubledown…Hard, hot, sweaty charity work (qualifies as a doubledown) as they broke down greenhouses that will be used to feed the poor in Jamaica: M-16 (+1 and great lead), Shoe, Mountie, Loop, Zona, Outlaw (+2), Moses (+1) and future F3er, Chris Hardin (great leadership). Also posting were Donna Smith, Joe Hardin (great leadership from the Wolfpack…goes without saying), and Tyler.
1) Gnarly Goat tweeted it well. “Give us this day, our Bailey dread.”
2) GCC is off to a strong start since going live over 1-month ago. But, they haven’t forgotten their roots and came back for a reunion. Good to see you, Fellas. Keep up the momentum. If it isn’t growing, it’s waning.
3) Stripe oh precious Stripe. Did you really call for more Boat? Wheelhouse! Or, he knew was was coming with the push-o-rama…I’ll let you decide. Either way, you know what that means…you’ll be called upon to lead some Mary very soon, and then it’ll be time to take the helm.
4) We were under 30 at the start, but the warm-up brought another 6 into the pax. You can always find us at Bailey, somewhere.
5) If you were a rookie on Cinco de Mayo (rookie day), are you still posting? Are all of you fully integrated? No man will be left behind. Email us at email@example.com if you fell off the boat and we need to circle back to pick you up.
6) The closed soccer fields were a merciful blessing on the pax. The final exercise today was going to be more ladder work, of Jacob variety. Next time.
7) Personal shout out to my own Baby Moses for his second post. I noticed a big improvement over the first post. You, son, are welcome back. In fact, I’ll even deliver you to and from the workouts! That’s how much i care.
8) The Teeter-Totter was unleashed on Isotope today. Me thinks there’s room for strength improvement and I look forward to some others incorporating this in the near future.
9) Carpet Bagger and others that are battling injuries. Hang tough, make a plan, and execute. Note that Hope does not constitute a plan. Woah. Did i just turn a moleskin into a political forum? Oops.
10) Has anyone else noticed that the top of Snake Eyes head sweats more than his face? I’m just sayin’ it was streaming off his head while we were planked at the bottom of K2. Respect, Brother. You were working and your plank form showed it…if not the rivers of sweat.
11) Did anyone else see Big Mean at the head of the pack on the 3rd time up K2?
12) Was PipeDream renamed the NightTrain? I kinda like NightTrain. Who named him, anyway?