F3/GC Backblast June 02 2012 officially launched
26 of the GCC faithful answered The Anchor’s call, planted a borrowed shovel flag (patience…our’s will be coming) and launched into their inaugural Saturday downPAINment.
EH – emotional headlock; this is what it’s called when you call out a guy who needs to come join F3 for any and all of the Fs we have to offer.
Hard commit – this is what the EH’ed has done when he either waivers slightly in his commitment to join the pax for a workout or has definitely commited
Soft commit – anything less than a hard commit; e.g. if the EHed says there’s not way in He!! you’ll catch me at an event like that, that’s what we call a soft commit. Why, you might ask? Because there’s always hope, brother!
QiC – qrusader in charge
FNG – friendly new guy; you’ll be an FNG until you pick up a handle from the pax
pax – the personnel that represent the F3 group gathered for the workout
1. Dredd (QIC)
6. Gnarly Goat
7. Drive Thru
9. Cream Pie
12. Pipe Dream
13.Bill Meritt FNG
14. Tom Duncan FNG
15. Tony Frederick FNG
16. Jeff Woollens FNG
17. Chris Wilkes FNG
18.Ernie Fullerton FNG
19. Brent Reuss FNG
20. Brian Gedney FNG
21.Tim Harpman FNG
22. Bert Kozoman FNG (WAR BABY)
23. Chris Bruce FNG
24. Dwayne Wilson FNG (WAR DADDY)
25. Dean Burrow FNG
26. FNG (he left early “LIFO” does anyone know his name?)
Ran to outfield SSH x 25 Storm Troopers x 25
Ran to back corner for push-o-rama
Merkins x 20
Wide merkins x 10
Diamond merkins x 7
Staggered? Right x 7
Staggered left x7
Decline merkins (buddy assisted) x8
Ferkins (finger tip merkins) x7
Run to outfield
Little baby crunches x15
Hello Dollys x15
Homer Low flutter x15
High slow flutter x15
Navy Seal situps x6
Run to cross for moment of veneration (it’s there, we’d better use it)
Run to parking lot for island hopping
(did each be low from island to island)
Serge Zwicker (high skip)
Duke (backward run)
Return trip: Bobby hurley (defensive shuffle and floor slap)
Run to pullup bars for pull-o-rama
Inboard Chinups x 10
Outboard Pullups x 8
Wide grip with neck to bar x 6
The Bill Clinton (alternating sides) x 7
Run to back corner for jacobs ladder
Run Up ridge 1 burpee run down run back up ridge 2 burpees All the way to 7
1) Great mix of veterans and FNGs today. Nice showing, GCC! Let’s keep it going by putting the EH on the guy who sits next to you for Sunday service. A lot of the FNGs looked to be in good shape already today. We’ll be seeing you as our next QiCs… By the way – get up and move today! The best thing for your soreness is more exercise and lots of stretching.
2) You’ll see on the f3nation.com website that there are workout options all around Cornelius, Davidson, and Huntersville. The next GCC workout is Tuesday AM. Show up at 5.55am. We start moving at 6.00am for 45 minutes of pain – but it’s a good pain! If you need an earlier option (5.30am) or can’t wait until Tuesday for your next downpainment, meet us on Monday at 5.30am in the 131 Main parking lot for a similar workout.
3) T-claps to Dredd for a great Q (with awesome explanations) on our official launch today
4) Brent Reuss (called Fighting Bob by some, though no one knew why) was seen running laps around the church 10 min after the workout! We will try to make the workouts harder for you Brent. Future QiC in the making? Just sayin’…
5) As for the name-o-rama: we’ll start our own traditions at GCC and/or adopt the ones we like from other F3 groups. Charlotte North’s F3 tradition is to bestow a nickname only after the seconod post. This is a little different from the Charlotte Metro F3 tradition which you saw yesterday. Here’s what I’ll say about that. You were given a nickname by one of the F3 founders. That’s a cool legacy handle that not many outside of Charlotte Metro hold. If you hate your nickname, reply to this and we will give you a nickname after your next post. However, there are no guarantees that you’ll like what’s behind door number 2 any better than what was revealed behind door number 1.
6) If you know the name missing from this list or I spelled your name wrong, please let me know in the comment section below.
7) Did anyone else wonder what Middle East era war movie they had stepped into when 2 guys show up with suicide bomber vests (or were those “full metal jackets”) and an American Flag taped to the end of a shovel? Aye!
New International Version (NIV)
12 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.