F3/Phoenix–BackBlast.6/2/12–Don’t Call Duncan Old
Neither the 545 start, or neighborhood power outages could keep the faithful 4 from putting in a basketball inspired workout at Arcadia Park this morning. With some inspiration from the ageless Spurs, we got nasty and left the park with shaking legs and mud on our back.
For everyone who expressed interest this week but kept it nice in cool while sleeping in, we’ll be back again next Saturday at 545.
- Second Line
- The Professor (War Daddy – 57 years strong)
- TH3 (QIC)
- Danny (FNG/ War Baby – henceforth, White Chocolate Mocha)
- SS Hop (x25)
- Merkins (x15)
- Plank Hops (x15)
- Little Baby Crunches (x20)
- Arm Circles
- Jog around the park
- Bull in the Ring (jump ups around the park circle; defensive slides)
- Pull-Ups x10
- Carolina Dry Docks
- Modified Suicide Ladders (sprints with squats/ merkins at each end)
- Airborne Mindbender
- The Dip
- Bull in the Ring (part III)
10 minutes of Mary (cause 7 minutes wasn’t quite enough)
- Marge into Homer
- The Ginobili Plank
- Little Baby Crunch
- Long slow bicycle
- A power outage in the neighborhood couldn’t keep Second Line from showing up with 30 seconds to spare. He might have been stuck in his garage, but he used his old school “skills” to hotwire his M-I-L’s car and make it there just in time.
- The Bull In the Ring proved a little much for FNG – Danny, who proceeded to spend the next 5 minutes doing a “wall sit” on the extra high Arcadia Park porcelain (aluminum?) throne.
- Let it be a lesson to all future Phoenix FNG’s – we like our coffee straight and normal. Ordering a “White Chocolate Mocha with soy milk and whipped cream (and sprinkles?) will get you a nickname. Plus, all of the Gilligan’s Island characters seem to be taken.
- The effects of the workout were clearly playing with the Professor’s mind at the coffeeteria. For such a wise man, there were some difficulties identifying the appropriate initials for our newest named member (hint- it is WCM, not WMC, MWC, or anything else.