Six Shovel flags were planted and the faithful gathered to put a downpayment of pain on the day and to honor those who gave their lives so we can live ours FREE.
85 of the faithful gathered! Sorry for lack of names. Please respond to this email if you were present.
1) Crotch Rocket led workout:
Run to the bus lot at Selywn
COP w/ a wheel
The Wheel: While the pax is in COP, one man sprints the outside of the circle and once back to his spot the next man goes. The rest of the pax keeps working as normal. We keep going until the last man has sprinted the circle.
SSH, Merkins, Squats, Jumping lunges, Flutters, LBC, Burpees, etc
Run to Colony and break into 2 groups
Group 1: Sprint to the top of the hill and back
Group 2: COP (Rudy, Merkins, Squats, Burpees,etc
Then switch x2
2) Girardi led workout:
COP – Rand-O-Rama – SSHs,, Imperial Walkers, HSFs, Merkins, Squats, Mountain Climbers
Plank-O-Rama / 6 Mins of Mary (Depending on the Group)
Beast – Burpees, LBCs, Mountain Climbers, Merkins, Squats, Turkish Get Ups
3) HE led workouts:
- Combination of a few warm-up exercises followed next by injured comrade carrying techniques. Some short recovery runs to help keep us loose.
- Extended Mary session. While no one vocalized their request, I could sense that all present did not want to be short-changed with the typical all-too-brief six minute version. Tried to oblige.
Naked Man Moleskin
- Admittedly, H.E. mixed it up slightly between the two sessions. Apologies to the second group for not low-crawling across the rocky lower field as we did with the first session, but we were luckily able to add a few minutes to the Mary routine. How hard can Grandma sit-ups be; they’re only two minutes(!). Even Cindy had to catch his breath at some point, but I couldn’t tell if Carl Lewis-reincarnated was actually showing signs of fatigue or pausing to determine his next retort for the group.
- Lesson learned by this QIC not to assume your partner, who may have a well-earned reputation of setting the pace whenever he is present, is fully ready to do what may seem to be a quick demonstration of technique for the Pax. In trying to remind the crowd of a proper fireman’s carry to help save the lower back, Dino quietly told me “Umm, I just had a procedure done downstairs.” This QIC in a typical slow mental state tried to clarify but at full volume for all to hear, “Did you get snipped?” “Yes” was the reply. Lesson learned at our age range not to assume that just because someone at the prior sessions was lapping the field, he may not be “equipped” to do so at the next workout.
- Thanks to the Pax for the opportunity for us to lead; a privilege to be with F3 brothers on such an important day.
Self-Hate – QIC (Girardi) thought it would be “fun” to roll the Beast workout until it dawned on him that this meant he had to do it twice. Immediate hate balloon formed towards himself.
Idle Chatter – McGee and Haywood were found holding a conversation that would have been appropriate for afternoon tea on Sunday so when the other pax mentioned the chatter during the plank-o-rama, Girardi, having a reputation to keep up, decided to bring the burpees out on the first rotation of the Beast. McGee admitted to almost recycling merlot.
Billable Time – As the clock came close to the top of the hour, but with 10 minutes more left in the workout time, Padre made it a point to ask Girardi if we were going longer than an hour. After explaining that we got a late start and we were going to run over about 10 minutes to get a full hour workout, Padre made his way back in line for the remainder of the down painment. Of course, as a successful attorney, Padre was not worried about the extra 10 but rather who and where to bill the .2.
Also, let’s not forget the discussion Bishop consecration. Also, hats off to all who did that workout with a Ruck on their backs.