F3/Highlands – BackBlast – 05/31/2012 – Basketball Ciabatta
The smell of sweat and pain replaced ideas of fresh baked bread as Ciabatta (Tabata) was introduced to the largest gathering of Highlands men to date (16).
Jim Killoren (FNG)
John Lutin (FNG, 2nd post and name on the way)
John Shingledecker (FNG)
Wayne Eigenmann (FNG)
Warm-up walk while stretching (Frankenstein, high knees, trunk twist, butt kicks)
SSH x 25
Jog to b-ball courts for Tabata (20 sec on, 10 sec off, for 4 min)
- Len Bias (white line jumps)
- Backboard tip drill
- Merkins/Air pushups
- Apollo Ohno
- Above head clap
- Defensive slides
Lay up challenge with winning team doing 5 burpees and losing team doing 5 burpees
- Mason twist while passing basketballs x 3 times around
- Low flutter x 20
- Plank jacks x 12
- Superman x 5
The Naked Man Moleskin:
1. Highlands keeps growing and getting stronger. T-Claps to the active EHing in Highlands, keep it up.
2. FNGs put on an impressive show today: Wayne jogged to the workout with Haskell; Shingledecker pushed everyone during squats and defensive slides; Killoren did extra sets of Merkins and pushed me during slides. Strong!
3. I forgot the suicides today…maybe I just need an excuse to don the outfit and whistle again soon. Besides, we could all use some practice on the court. I smell a challenge to the Isotope boys soon…
4. Apollo Ohno + Defensive slides = sore tush tomorrow
5. Watch for Saturday’s pre-blast for 1st workout at Mallard Creek Park. I heard rumors of a new shovel flag to be flown!
Pace – Skipper