F3Run / SIB – Backblast for 5.22.2012 – Completely Unreasonable
Posting for Titan:
The VSF was planted and 14 of the Faithful posted at 5:15 for some pain on the AG Track. This number grew to 15 as none other than Dredd emerged from the mist to join us mid 100M sprints. We thought he was lost given his historical disdain for SIB.
Tiger Beat fka Gangsta Mouse
Belk (FNG SIB & WV…seriously)
Mighty, Mighty Lance
Dredd (FNG SIB)
Red Warrior (FNG SIB)
+ 1, post below to be recognized. My apologies as I was delirious during the COT.
800M – Warm-up Jog
8 x 100M – with 10 pushups at end of each 100 (30 second rest after each 100M/push-up set)
4 x 400M – with 25 squats at end of each 400 (60 second rest after each 400M/squat set)
2 x 800M – with 25 burpees after each 800 (90 second rest after each 800M/burpee set)
1) Sprague, who ahem, fartsacked (it was a Sprague 2.0 related miss), coined the name of the work-out after I inquired whether or not the rest times were reasonable. Turns out he was right as YHC had to 86 the planned 1600M due to time.
2) Belk an FNG at SIB, showed up with a WV. OBT told him that was “aggressive”, which is a drastic understatement. T-claps to Belk for knocking it WV and all.
3) We split the group into two for the 100M/push-up set and Dredd strolled in mid-way to join us on the third sprint and immediately began knocking them out with no rest to catch up to us. After he caught up he was out in front for the remainder of the sprints. Strong.
4) The group then re-joined and the 400M/squat set started with a number of us trying to keep with the pace set by Bratwurst. Most of us realized quickly that Bratwurst has some wheels that are tough to match. Nice work, brother.
5) After the first 800M run led by Bratwurst and Dredd the burpees began and the pain took on a new level.
6) We had 15 PAX, beating the previous SIB record of 10, and I think it’s safe to say we were all smoked after the last set of burpees.
I’ll miss SIB this week as I’m in Hilton Head but have some ideas for the next time!
Any F3’ers want to meet up for some pain on the beach?