F3/Isotope–Backblast–3/3/2012–2nd IGA Invitational
The Isotope MEN who weren’t deterred by the wet conditions, gathered in the morning gloom to challenge the Bailey disc golf course under wet and muddy conditions. Only 4 of the 9 who posted for the 1st IGA Invitationalwere present for the 2nd IGA Invitational.
Outlaw (1st billing – remembered you this time, Brother!)
M-16 (war baby)
The Mr. Kotter
Ludi (Kotter to Saturday workout; peer pressure still works!)
Earle Steele (Blast; war daddy)
Gnarly Goat (coffeteria drive-by)
Callahan and MCallahan (adoration – AYE!)
Omaha (water polo match – mercy)
Jog to King’s court for pregame warm-up: SSH x25, Face down knee ups x20
The main event: Disc-golf, F3 style.
Split into 4 teams; Team 1 vs. Team 2 starting on 1st tee; Team 3 vs. Team 4 starting on 4th tee
Played for skins – first team to get the disc into the basket won the skin for that hole. Team members alternate throwing. Player 1 throws first, then player 2, etc.
1. On the 1st hole, for every miss (i.e. each time you throw that doesn’t go in the basket), each team member will run to the spot of the disc and do 20 merkins, solo count
2. On the 2nd hole, for every miss, each team member will do 20 jump lunges.
3. On the 3rd hole, for every miss, each team member will do 20 storm troopers.
Repeat 3 times for a total of 9 holes.
Jog back to King’s court for plank-o-rama.
Penance: everyone did knee-ups, but the total number was dependent on the other teams skins. E.g. Team 1 beat Team 2 by a score of 5-4. So, Team 1 did 40 4-count knee-ups. Team 2 did 50 4-count knee-ups. Etc. OUCH
Jog to Wolfpack playground for 2 rounds of stations: pull-ups (max rep), dips (max rep) and 1-leg calf raises 25 each.
Indian run, 1 round of sprints on the track. Jog to Broadway for sweet Mary finish.
Low flutter x20
High flutter x20
Hel-LOW Dolly x20
Mason Twist x15
1) Primo-donna was about to get back in bed when MPrimo called him out. “What are you, a sissy?” He donned his swim trunks, put the wetsuit in the trunk, tucked his tail and hit the field. AYE! He’s not Primo-donna, except we all noticed he was the only clean looking guy at the end of the workout.
2) lf YOU looked at the weather this AM and said, “it’s too wet” , you’re the same guy who 6 weeks ago said, “it’s too cold to workout.” And, I suspect you might find it’s too hot to workout in July. Just sayin’ that we’ve heard all those excuses already.
3) I knew we had leaders in Isotope – it was confirmed when Teams 3 and 4 called an audible, took their time on each hole, and afterwards were heard saying, “well, that was fun, but when does the workout start?” You can lead the Faithful to water…Aye!
4) My oh my. Could it be? Was that really Mulwee? The guy posts, and before he can get a nickname, this is what we hear? Per one of the faithful, he took a picture of himself wrapped up in his snuggie (mobile fartsack) with his 10 lb dog (or was that a ferret?)on his lap and sent it to the faithful at 0630 asking how the weather looked. Watch for the development of this story in future backblasts.
5) It’s a good thing we had merkins planned for the disc golf course. The flood on King’s court required snorkels.
6) New designation coming – if you tuck in your shirt, you become the fashion war-daddy. The Faithful have spoken.
7) Was that charity or just drunk driving? DT’s drive on #4 sliced onto the railroad tracks. Mercy for Team 2. But, I’m still picking the thorns out of my hands.
“No matter our age-whether we are sons, fathers, brothers, or grandfathers-all men can live like champions! A true champion is the one who overcomes great obstacles just to compete in the game of life every day. It is the man who wants to win, but is not willing to sacrifice his integrity, moral courage, or faithfulnes. With champions, character still counts more than the score.”
Paul C. Brownlow