F3/Dallas – BackBlast.02.08.12 – New Sheriff in Town
The Virtual Shovel was planted and a dozen of Faithful gathered in the Gloom. Weather continues to be very accommodating to the Dallas F3 pax – beautiful 40 degrees and clear.
Lightweight – finally re-emerged from the work induced coma.
Virus – War Daddy
Kent Laber – second visit – maybe call him “Clark” as I thought I heard he was a “super” marathoner. Suggestions welcome.
Todd Anderson – FNG – immediately named “Tattoo” by Splash for supposed soccer skills. It shall stick.
Stretch ‘em out
Breakfast with Shaun-T Warm-up
- 3 cycles directed by QIC – increasing speed for each cycle
- Jog, Butt kicks, Knee-ups, Heisman, Ladder climber
Box of Love – 4 cycles – standing jump (r, back, l, forward) to form box with 10 mountain climbers in between each box
Spread’s Ab Ripper – 1 cycle including
- 20 pike crunches
- 40 Russian twists
- 20 wide arm crunch – right leg up
- 20 wide arm crunch – left leg up
- Flutter kick with interspersed Dollys to failure
Push ‘em out (10 quick pushups)
Hoop Cycle – 5 cycles
- Jump shot – 5
- Jump squat – 5
- Pushup – 4
- Mountain climber – 8
Run to Playground
Rings ‘n Things – 3 cycles
- 5 – 10 pullups on rings based on ability
- Run across bridge to concrete picnic table
- Box jump to bench, Box jump to table, Jump down
- Run around far tree, back to picnic table and repeat box jump crossing
- Run across bridge to aluminum bleachers
- Jump up from behind and walk down the bleachers – 3 sets
- Rinse – repeat
- Plank until all finished
Run to center field – Explosive skip rest of field
Push ‘em out
- At QIC discretion, series of combination moves to be called out
- Run (in place), Set, Plank, Plyo, Jump, Pushup
- Baby crunches x20
- Russian twists x40
- Cross leg mountain climbers x10 each leg
- Sprint in place with interspersed x4 lunge jumps
Spreadsheets from the Gloom
- Hope you guys had a good time with a new variety on the workout setup. Our goal is to keep it fresh and off balance so we don’t get in a rut – be thinking about new moves routines and then feel free to step up and lead when ready.
- Eskimo is leading the charge next week. Don’t be lulled by his laid back personality – he will bring the pain next week. Unfortunately, I’m out but will eagerly await the report.
- F3/D list keeps growing – 54 are getting the updates. Reach out to those who said “interested” but have so far lacked interest. We’ve got a great core group and it will continue to grow. I’m sure the lazy bears will come out of the woodwork once the temperatures rise.
- Props to Lightweight (who has been M.I.A.-weight as of late) for answering the bell. As things settle down, you will be back in the regular rotation.
- Talking to some of the C-town guys, one area where we are constrained is the Fellowship aspect. The Sat am guys often grab coffee after the workout, but the Wed schedule puts a damper on that. Be thinking about a happy hour or some other (easy) event where we can get together, have a few beers and see what everyone looks like in the daylight.
- Fun morning – I’ll see you all in two weeks. Push hard for Eskimo next week – 2/15.